SPEFL-SC is a Not-for-Profit organisation formed by Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The council has been promoted by National Skill Development Corporation & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
To train and certify 4.1 million people/trainee under Skill India Mission.
- Garner support of the stakeholders towards formation & operations of SSC
- Build a catalogue of skills in the SPEFL
- Gather, sort and document Labour Market Intelligence of Employability Skills
- Build competency frameworks of occupational standards and curriculum guidelines
- Train the trainers and exposure to global standards
- Accredit and build a network of Institutions and training providers in priority skills
- Create an ecosystem where job seekers and job providers are brought together to provide employment in the sector
- Build a sustainable organization through continuous innovation
“Key Objectives of Sports Sector Skill Council is to Standardise, Certify, Monitor and Facilitate skilling in sports in the country."