- Providing existing workforce opportunity and platform to re-skill and up-skill.
- Develop a well-structured ”Labour Market Information System”.
- Standardization of affiliation, accreditation and certification process.
- Identification of skill development needs and preparing a catalogue of skill types.
- Develop a sector skill development plan and maintain skill inventory.
- Storage and exchange of industry data, workforce data and career related data across all industry segments.
- Developing Standards and QA to bring global best practices in industry.
Role of Sector Skill Council
- Setting up Labor Market Information System to assist planning and delivery of training.
- Bringing out authoritative research publication on skill landscape of Sports.
- Developing competency standards based on inputs from industry.
- Introducing certifications and assessments recognized nationally and globally.
- Putting a robust accreditation process and quality assurance in place for training providers.
- Plan and execute industry benchmarked programmes for training of trainers.