The Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council (SPEFL-SC) is one of the Sector Skills Council supported by Govt. of India and NSDC.
The Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council are mandated to impact 2.1 million people over ten years.
The SPEFL-SC shall work in the following subsectors:
Science and Technology, Medicine, Broadcasting, Grassroots, Facilities, Management, Development, Event Management, Coaching, Manufacturing
Purpose of Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council
- Garner support of the stakeholders towards forming and implementing the SSC.
- Build a catalogue of skills in the SPEFL.
- Gather, sort and document Labour market Intelligence of employability skills.
- Build competency frameworks occupational standards and curriculum guidelines.
- Train the trainers and expose to global standards.
- Accredit and build a network of Institutions and training providers in priority skills.
- Evaluate, certify and facilitate employment of trainees.
- Create an ecosystem where job seekers and job providers are brought together to provide jobs in the sector.
- Build a sustainable organization through continuous innovation.